Google is continuously evaluating which factors indicate a high-quality website for its users. It is important to keep up with these factors so that you can stay on the top of search engine ranking pages. Nobody is sure about the ranking factors but evaluation of data, looking at the current trends and using official advice that is published by Google as a guide.
Here are a few important factors that are quite important for content marketers to consider –
- Relevant content – Recently Google confirmed that its AI-powered algorithm RankBrain is an important factor in deciding where a web page ends up in the search results. Analyzing your user activity with search listing is an attempt done by RankBrain that can help in quantifying their relevance and quality. Keywords are also quite important as relevant keywords in your content help it in appearing in the top search results.
- High-quality backlinks – Backlinks directly affect your rankings. They are the basis of PageRank which is at the core of Google’s ranking algorithm. Backlinks help Google to access your authority and they also help users to find your content. Besides creating high-quality content, you also need to have a well-thought-out strategy that helps you to build links. Quality is still more important than quantity.
- Site Authority – Google employees people to assess the quality of SERPs and the pages that make up the first page of results for various searches. It gives guidelines for these search raters to follow while rating the quality and relevance of these pages.
- Mobile Optimization – Google has implemented mobile-first indexing which means the mobile version of sites is considered more important than the desktop version.
- Speed of the site – Today, web users have become quite impatient. This can be because of the changing ways of using search engines. People are using search engines to find quick answers to their questions. Thus, it has become important to optimize your site and make it as fast as possible.
Thus, the above factors can affect Google’s ranking a lot and benefit your website.