Engagement is a very necessary part of the most important ways through which social media marketing can be measured. It gives an idea of how your content is being received and how it can help attract new faces to your accounts. Likes, comments, shares, and reactions are a part of the engagement. Likes and comments can be considered a source to push your content to more people. It is very important to monitor engagement as it helps you to grow your audience and increase awareness.
Here are five ways that can increase your social media engagement –
- Don’t just sell – One of the biggest mistakes that many people make is focusing too much on their services and products. It is necessary for your audience to know what you can do for them, and the fact is that nobody wants to follow or engage with a bundle of ads. Balancing your business promotions and valuing your followers is necessary.
- Follow the trends – Trends are a great way to get discovered by people on social media. Posting trending content is more likely to be shared by new audiences. It is also more likely to show up on discovery pages as it relates to other content that certain users are interested in.
- Make your personal brand – Social media encourages social interactions a lot while algorithms are not that easy to crack. When people see the person behind everything, they feel more connected and comfortable.
- Post at different optimal times – Posting depends on the target audience and every company has different optimal timings for posting. Optimal days of posting should also be considered. Different brands may see the results on different working days.
- Engage with your audience – You need to first engage with your audience so that they engage with your content. It is important for you to be genuine. This will help you discover your potential audience and encourage them to engage back with you.
Just being authentic and listening to your customers is the key to engagement. Thus, your content should be natural and genuine.