OnSolve, a leading critical event management provider that helps organizations mitigate physical threats and remain agile in times of crisis, is demonstrating its commitment to helping organizations ensure employee safety for lone workers and small groups with OnSolve Critical Communications: Life Check to enhance.
Organizations have both legal and moral obligations to protect their employees. However, with the increasing frequency of terrorist attacks, acts of violence and extreme weather, this is becoming increasingly difficult. A hybrid workforce adds further complications.
Lone workers and those working in small groups in remote locations with no on-site supervisor are among the hardest to protect. When a worker is injured, it can take a long time before the organization is notified.
OnSolve Critical Communications Life Check feature makes it easy for organizations to keep track of individual workers and small groups. With Life Check, employees can start a timed monitoring session at the beginning of a task. Upon completion, the worker can turn off the timer using the intuitive interface. If the countdown is not deactivated, an emergency SOS will be triggered to the company, allowing the manager to act immediately and provide the necessary assistance.
Life Check can improve employee safety in any organization, but is especially valuable for companies with employees who regularly work alone, away from the office, or outside of normal business hours. These include transport and delivery companies, factories, service and repair companies, and healthcare organizations.
When organizations add the Life Check feature to their OnSolve Critical Communications system, they benefit from:
• Improved employee safety and security
• Clear insight into employee well-being with instant notification when an employee’s life check expires
• Improved organizational strategy for lone worker safety
A modern critical communication system should provide security for both managers and employees. Life Check is just one of several features available through the mobile app as part of OnSolve Critical Communications. Other ways to improve employee safety include:
• SOS: In the event of an emergency, an employee can activate an SOS and be connected directly to the appropriate emergency services, while at the same time alerting their organization.
• LookOut: Employees can file a report when they encounter suspicious activity, person or object.
• Check-in: Traveling employees can check in at a specific destination and report their temporary whereabouts.
OnSolve takes employee safety seriously. With Critical Communications, companies can send fast and targeted alerts in an emergency. With Life Check, employees can now be confident that they are safe and secure, even when working alone.