Logitech For Creators, a brand extension of Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI), kicks off its third annual #Creators4BIPOC initiative to help address barriers disproportionately faced by Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) creators.
As part of this year’s movement, Logitech has launched the inaugural Logitech Change Council. This council is a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) advisory board composed of creators. Throughout July, the Logitech Change Council will lead a Day of Change, volunteering time to work with local nonprofit organizations aligned with the movement, while encouraging the greater community to join in service. Council members will also work closely with Logitech For Creators via its “Together We Create” platform, which shares its vision of collaborating with creators to shape the future of creating together on issues relevant to racial equality and those surrounding DEI more broadly throughout the year.
As a part of an existing $1 million minimum fund by 2030, Logitech in collaboration with Change Council members will commit $250,000 this year to nonprofit organizations addressing racial inequality. This investment is made through the Logitech Cares Donor Advised Fund (DAF) at Tides Foundation. The 2022 Change Council members include:
- ARUUU, a Turkish American Muslim gaming and anime creator
- Aundre Larrow, a Jamaican-born visual artist & activist
- Mxiety, a mental health advocate, motivational creator, and member of the LGBTQ community
- Veronica “Nikatine” Ripley, a Latinx and Trans gaming video creator and community founder
- Snowlit, a Chinese American gamer, variety streamer, and cat mom
“We’re honored to have the opportunity to work directly with our Change Council partners to address racial inequality,” said Erin Chin, Chief Marketing Officer of Logitech For Creators. “They’re integral to our vision of enabling creators to shape the future of creating together.”
As with last year, creators will also be hosting fundraising streams on Twitch through Streamlabs Charity, in support of nonprofit organizations that are aligned with the movement.
- Participate in a Day Of Change
- Volunteer at a local organization addressing racial inequality
- Rally your community by sharing your Day Of Change on social media and be sure to tag #Creators4BIPOC and @LogitechC for a chance to be featured
- Donate or Fundraise
- For nonprofit organizations addressing racial inequality
- Enable easy calls-to-action using Willow or Streamlabs Charity on your creator channels
- Be a Voice of Change
- Subscribe, share or shout out your favorite BIPOC creators
- Share the #Creators4BIPOC mission, share your story, or start a conversation around racial equity